Saturday 20 September 2014

Awkward.

Lots of awkward things have happened to me in my life.
I was once caught on my period on an raf camp when I was the only girl and I'd forgotten to bring any sanitary towels or tampons. I've walked in on a chemistry teacher groping the deputy heads arse. I've seen a boy I have a crush on make out with one of my best friends.
In each case I made it through. I improvised with toilet paper, I coughed loudly and pretended to be tying up my shoelace and I found a random guy and made out with him too.
But nothing ever prepared me for the awkward silence on sitting on a bench with that same random guy and two friends who were each urging us to make out. Or talk. Or do something. 
The small talk got smaller until it dwindled into nothing. He got out his phone and checked his messages. No one has texted him. His friend confiscated his phone.
Our friends started ignoring us and began flirting.
We sat in silence.
To be honest I didn't really know how to start the conversation. So, last night we made out and now we're sober. And, by the way, you touched my bum.
Our friends next to us got more excited and moved closer together. 
He sighed and shoved his hands in his pockets. Half an hour later I made my excuses and left. 
My friend texted me frantically. 
Omg he said you were really hot!
I was very puzzled... And replied
He barely talked to me
Well he said he's not looking for a relationship right now
Eww boys. I intend on living alone with seven cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment